Tuesday, March 24, 2009

A misty morning Opzoek Valley, Kleinkaroo

The Opsoek Valley is situated half way between Ladismith and Calitzdorp and a favourite place to visit.

Rain and mist are rare and welcome occurrences in this generally dry part of our country.  It was early one morning on my brother's farm when the it was hazy with mist as far as the eye could see.   Perfect for a stroll.   In hindsight I think the mist collected on the lens on my little camera probably immediately, causing this hazy misty photographs.  But it really captures the whole swirly misty feel.  At some places I could hardly see a few metres away, making it feel sort of spooky.  I knew the little dirt road well so I was not afraid and set off, enjoying the quiet that settled around the countryside.

  
Two fuzzy figures approaching

Two fuzzy figures closer - farm hands arriving

Glowing eyes peering at me - the sheep waiting to be fed
Cobwebs on the old fence posts reminds me a bit of candy floss
A neighbour's cottage along the way

Further along - this old house has withstood the test of time and was gently hugged in the swirling mist this morning. The gnarled trunk and roots of the tree is a reflection of the perseverance of the spirit of the farmers who stay here.

Time to head back for breakfast and to warm up by the fire.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi - drop me a note. I'd LOVE to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...