Sunday, April 10, 2011

Kleinmond's Pretty Places


Kleinmond and I have a special relationship and I still find pretty in this little town.  Situated in the Overberg at the southern tip of Africa, Quaint, cute, creative and in some ways still undiscovered are a few of the reasons I keep on going back there.  I couldn't really find a website that does Kleinmond justice, but came upon this cute family clip on YouTube - it just captures the spirit of Kleinmond - especialy during the December holidays, which is our summer season.    


You cannot go to Kleinmond without going to the harbour for a meal and explore some of its cute shops.   There are a number of restaurants to choose from, most of them with a view over the harbour. A very popular stop for the Sunday Bikers, personal favourites are Europa, The Potters Garden and Sandpiper. I found 3 shops worth lingering in right next door to each other, all in The Yard, Harbour Road.




Maksie, previous owner of Europa Restaurant in the harbour, decided it was time to make a change and sold the restaurant and now owns Petals Flowers and Gift Shop.

 


Bella Bella, below, is jam-packed with vintage / french charm.  Below, Mother and daughter team Rene and Bianca are having a break in the little coffee shop tucked in the back corner of this lovely shop.  ps ... note the bottom right hand picture is a foot peeping out.  Bianca's little girl was sound asleep in an old wrought iron bed.


Below is Rainspider - quite a paradise for the enthusiastic artist and hobbyist.  I loved the dolls houses - the details are exquisite.



Love the colours of this shop



Lovely walks in Kleinmond - this walkway is along and across the lagoon


And if its a perfect day - take a cano



Pause briefly to guide the cano under the bridge.  




The cano's that one can hire at a reasonable price.






 
Pretty in Kleinmond? ... but of course! 

8 comments:

  1. I love Kleinmond too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great post about Kleinmond! Can't wait to go shopping and exploring the new Harbour Road especially.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am privileged to call Kleinmond home. I truly think you have painted a beautiful picture with loads of character. Well done & please don't stop. Best wishes Chris & Clare from Perazim B&B

    ReplyDelete
  4. Delighted to discover your pretty blog. I've just moved to Betty's Bay which I adore but I also enjoy walking around Kleinmond with my camera. It's such a quirky little town with a charm of its own.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Val - I'll be looking out for a blonde lady with a camera. ps love your sunset pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jy het 'n fantastiese oog, en die vermoë om 'n oomblik vas te vang.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hidden jewel - please keep it as a secret

    ReplyDelete

Hi - drop me a note. I'd LOVE to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...