Monday, May 30, 2011

Pretty from Bangkok



I dont know about you, but I very seldom get a parcel these days, so it was so exciting to receive a little parcel from  my friend Marlene in Bangkok, who designed these beautiful earrings.  

My friend is one of those very creative types, it seems unfair sometimes to think that one person can be blessed with such versatile ways of expressing her talents.  An artist using various mediums are ways of expressing her versatility.  Capturing moments on canvas and designing these beautiful earrings are two of them.

We all have our fears, and blogging is an area where I've been playing around for a while, and it was my pleasure to help her set up a blog for her to carry on with.  Anyway, the beautiful packaged parcel was delivered ...



Pretty indeed.  They were so pretty they deserved to be captured and to 'show and tell'.
 So, I thought they looked rather pretty with this old fashioned rose.






 but then I thought, knowing how my creative friend would appreciate a different kind of modelling, I thought she would appreciate them being shown off by my patient quirky pottery model which came from a little town with an equally quirky name -  Tietiesbaai on the West Coast of Cape Town.  I bought these so long ago, and have never seen them again and I often wonder if the pottery lady from Tietiesbaai still exist! (The west coast is one of the secret gems of South Africa and is famous for, amongst other numerous attractions, its wildflowers during our spring and is also very  popular for the serious fisherman.)
And here, my 'tannie van Tietiesbaai', in various compromising and accommodating poses, with my beautiful new earings.

                    

   
  
   




I Winked at the Moon

 

2 comments:

  1. Karin... dis beautiful!! Jy gee sommer 'n ander touch aan my oorbelle!
    Dankie ook vd moeite met my blog!
    Mwah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ek is SO bly - moenie ophou met jou kleurvolle spel nie. Plak dit op jou blog! x

    ReplyDelete

Hi - drop me a note. I'd LOVE to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...