Friday, March 2, 2012

Gallery 91 Somerset West




Previously, and sometimes more familiarly known as, Frames and Things, Gallery 91 is an an established business run by owner Terry Talyaard.  Being involved in art and the decor environment for many years, Gallery 91 is a fine expression of her love for the industry.
 
I popped in for cuppacino in the cozy and friendly coffee shop environment tucked into a corner of the Gallery where you are inclined to linger.  If you feel like getting away from the buzzy coffee shops - this is a good place to come.
 
I know that the love of artworks is a very personal affair, and here is a selection of pieces that caught my eye. 




A good mix and selection of South African Artists are scattered throughout the airy and spacious Gallery.  For one, lovers of Carol Boyes will not be disappointed.

Painting by local artist Carol Norvall of the man with a stack of baskets took my breath away (collage below) 

Elise du Toit's ceramic works (see figure with looooooong legs also below) made me smile.

The space outside is rather nice too and far from the maddening crowd comes to mind.  Should you want to go their with a group of friends, its advisable to give the Gallery a ring to make a special reservation and to establish the special menu of the day.

 


A closer look of Sexy Legs (my name for Elise du Toit's ceramic figurine).





Mariaan Kotze's paintings, her combination of techniques and prose is the flavour of the moment and I predict that this lady's work is going places.  Her quotations and surprise elements she incorporates caught my eye. 



Pretty decor, paintings, artworks, gifts, surroundings and friendly too!  Tell them you read it here, on FindingPretty.


Find them at 91 Andries Pretorius Street, Somerset West.  

Tel:   218526700  




Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi - drop me a note. I'd LOVE to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...