Saturday, April 14, 2012

Villiersdorp

Yesterday was the perfect day for visiting the countryside.  Found this lovely little place called Country Classics in 17 Union Avenue, Villiersdorp

Cheryl runs a lovely gift and coffee shop from her home.  A perfect retreat in her garden.










Cheryl of Country Classics served me with a devine quiche and fresh garden salad and we had a lovely chat.  People who frequent the biscuit Mill might have seen her there promoting another part of her business, organic mushrooms.


Tables dotted all over the private little retreat ... pretty? - of course ..









After my pretty interlude, I drove through the tree-filled streets and admired some of the old quaint houses - some of them beautifully restored.  This one was on the edge of a stream.



I wondered what gems were hidden in the attic of this old house



And this lovely old Anglican Church deserves a better picture, but the sun was in my eyes.  Surrounded by a lovely indigenous garden with the mountain as a backdrop.



 The free copy of of the local Villiersdorp Info is a gem and I was pleasantly surprised by a small well informed little paper. It is a good representation of 'who does what in and around Villiersdorp'. (I read Issue 64)

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. Lovely! It's ages since I was in Villiersdorp and it all looks so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Wendy - its still a bit undiscovered which I like.

    ReplyDelete

Hi - drop me a note. I'd LOVE to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...